Tuesday, November 27, 2012

I am thankful to be back with the kids (at least that's what I tell 'em)

I hope everyone had a very happy Thanksgiving and a wonderfully relaxing break! My family sojourned to our family cabin, which was built by my grandfather, and where my mom and her five siblings learned to fish, swim, and row a boat.


There was food, family (my husband's family joined us, which was so great), food, ooo-ing and ahh-ing over wedding and baby photos, more food, hiking, four-wheeling, and lots of food, too. Mostly carbs. Amen baby.

This was our first Thanksgiving as a married couple and it was fabulous. My husband's older sister, who has Down Syndrome, is the most popular person wherever she goes, and Thanksgiving was no exception. She wrote a poem (as she does for every special occasion), which she read for all of us as we sat in our pumpkin pie comas.


My aunt, mother-in-law, and sister-in-law blazin' a trail!

Today is our first day back and it is snowing for the first time this year in our part of Pennsylvania. It's quite beautiful--though an early dismissal would make it much more so!


No comments :

Post a Comment